18 September 2013

Cook's progress 5

First full day in the kitchen. We're working with the same partner for a week and divide the dishes to be prepared between us. Today I made a French Onion Tart, Red and Yellow Tomato Salad with French dressing and homemade lemonade.

I couldn't see it coming together at first but it actually did. Teacher's evaluation is I need to be more confident with the seasoning. (He didn't realise I forgot to put the nutmeg in the tart filling so how reliable is he?) Otherwise I seem confident in what I'm doing, apparently.

I wanted to point out to him that teachers are great at masquerading their nervousness, but decided not to.

Jag har löst pusslet med var och med vem jag ska jobba den här veckan. Idag var det überkaotiskt då alla hade bestämt sig att komma i god tid för att förbereda mise en place. Det betyder allt på plats som du behöver under en session.

Mina tre rätter fransk lökpaj, röd och gul tomatsallad med fransk dressing och hemlagad lemonad passerade granskningen även om jag fick uppmaningen att jobba en aning med saltandet och pepprandet.

Alla är totalt fokuserade på vad de håller på med och det är toksvårt att hitta bland hyllor, lådor och skåp. Imorgon har vi teoridag och vi ska lära oss något om vin och det ryktas att lunchbordet är dukat med vinglas.


No comments:

Post a Comment