8 October 2013

A cake to knock your socks off

Can you remember the last time you had a cake in a café or restaurant that knocked you off your feet? I can't and neither could the other 55 people in class who didn't put up their hands when our teacher asked us about it yesterday. The cake I made in class today was good but as I ate it for dessert it never got a chance to shine and seduce me.

Cakes are best enjoyed when you're just a little bit hungry. If you eat a piece of cake - no matter how delicious it is - on a full stomch you won't be able to feel the full impact of flavoursome loveliness as it hits your palate. Thursday is cake day again and boy am I looking forward to lunch then, being quite determined to pile less food on my plate than usual.

Pam, so generous with her knowledge - like all our teachers
Pam delar generöst med sig av sin kunskap
Kristalliserade blomblad och kakor hör ihop
Bara naturliga ingredienser i dekoren
Helt oemotståndlig
Poesi med citronkräm inuti och blommor ovanpå

No comments:

Post a Comment