2 December 2013

Early in December

It is early in December but I can still quote Tove Jansson's novel Late in November. She writes: "A departure is a very abrupt thing, it springs upon you! All of a sudden everything changes and the one who is to travel cherishes every minute."

In one week I'll be on my way home to Finland. I will miss so many things. Walking up to the school early in the morning. Sitting by the fire with my housemates, processing and analysing and laughing. I will miss all the people who have made my twelve weeks at Ballymaloe an adventure and a delight. I will miss the hens and the dogs and the gardens.

I have one week left and I am going to cherish it, just like Tove said.





1 comment:

  1. Också jag skulle sakna det här. Tanken på att du kan se fram emot årets blossa glögg kanske kan trösta dig. Den är god.

    ReplyDelete