19 November 2013

Seconds, please

Of all the wonderful foodie entrepreneurs I've heard of or encountered over the past few months the guy who keeps a herd of buffalo in West Cork to make Irish mozzarella cheese is perhaps one of the more inspirational. Apart from the woman who taught herself to make chocolate from scratch and now is the only person in Ireland who manufactures it from bean to bar. Or the guy who sells pizzas baked in his mobile wood-fired  oven.

A road trip on Saturday brought me into close proximity with the buffalos and the craft fair on Sunday put Shana Wilkie from Wilkie's chocolate in my path again. So, now I only need to get myself to Midleton Farmers' Market next Saturday for another of Simon's wood-fired pizzas.

Cathy, Caitlin and Rebecca


Memento Mori

No comments:

Post a Comment